- Categorized in: My Card
The Visa Prepaid CitizenCard is not a credit card.
You must load money onto the card before you can spend with it. You can load from £10 to £5000 at any one time.
You can load money onto your card from any bank account either by phone or online banking or by bank transfer in-branch at Barclays* by using the following details:
For International Bank Transfers
IBAN: GB67 BARC 2047 3553 1910 52
Be 100% certain you've included your 16-digit number correctly
* cash load is not available at Barclays
- You can load your card by taking cash to any Post Office. The Post Office fee is 2% and you can access your funds the next working day.
Click here to find the nearest Post Office
- You can also load your card by taking cash to any PayPoint retailer. The Paypoint fee is 3% but you can access your funds within a few minutes.
Click here to find the nearest PayPoint retailer
- You can also transfer funds from one Visa Prepaid CitizenCard to another. This can be done here for a fee of £0.15.
Once you've loaded money onto the card you should regularly check your available balance at myprepaid.citizencard.com. You can spend up to the value of this available balance, but if you attempt to make a purchase that would give you a negative balance you will be charged a £0.20 Declined Transaction fee.
- Maximum number of loads per day: 3
- Maximum daily load: £5,000
- Maximum number of loads per month: 60
- Maximum monthly load: £10,000